This privacy notice applies between you, the User of this Website and UNITED BEAUTY LTD trading as Indigo Nails Lab, the owner and provider of this Website. UNITED BEAUTY LTD trading as Indigo Nails Lab takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This privacy notice applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website and to any Data provided by you by any of the means listed in paragraph 7 below.
This privacy notice should be read alongside, and in addition to, our Terms and Conditions, which can be found at: Terms and Conditions
Please read this privacy notice carefully.
Definitions and interpretation
- In this privacy notice, the following definitions are used:
collectively all information that you submit to UNITED BEAUTY LTD trading as Indigo Nails Lab via the Website and/or any means listed in paragraph 7 below. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK including the UK GDPR; the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) (and regulations made thereunder); and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003 No. 2426) as amended; and all other legislation and regulatory requirements in force from time to time which apply to a party relating to the use of Personal Data (including, without limitation, the privacy of electronic communications); and the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner or other relevant data protection or supervisory authority and applicable to a party
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
UNITED BEAUTY, or us
UNITED BEAUTY LTD trading as Indigo Nails Lab, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12076727 whose registered office is at C/O ASCOT DRUMMOND UK LTD, DEVONSHIRE HOUSE, MANOR WAY, BOREHAMWOOD, WD6 1QQ;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by UNITED BEAUTY LTD trading as Indigo Nails Lab and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to UNITED BEAUTY LTD trading as Indigo Nails Lab and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, WWW.INDIGO-NAILS.CO.UK and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- In this privacy notice, unless the context requires a different interpretation:
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices of this privacy notice;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- the headings and sub-headings do not form part of this privacy notice.
Scope of this privacy notice
- This privacy notice applies only to the actions of UNITED BEAUTY and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, UNITED BEAUTY LTD is the "data controller". This means that UNITED BEAUTY LTD is responsible for and determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed and is responsible for complying with requests relating to your personal data.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice. Information may be in hard copy or electronic format.
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically from your interactions using the website.
Data that is given to us by you
- UNITED BEAUTY LTD will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us; and/or
- when you use our services;
in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice.
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see our Cookies Policy.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Delivering our product/services to you;
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- undertaking research to improve our products/services;
- operating competitions to promote our products/services
in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice.
- We may use your Data for the purposes set out paragraph 9(b) and (c) on the basis that we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interest which includes keeping appropriate records of our business and improving the quality of products/service. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below ).
- We will obtain your consent when we process your Data to operate competitions to promote our products/service or when we undertake research to improve our products/services. You can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us via email: INFO@INDIGO-NAILS.CO.UK For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, make payments, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from professional advisers;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data e.g. Walker Logistics Ltd warehouse company, DPD couriers, Royal Mail, Elavon online payment platform, accountant etc . - to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
- prospective purchasers of our business or any part of it – for financial management;
in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice.
Legal basis for using your information
The legal condition which enables United Beauty to process personal information is found in Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). In particular, we rely on:
- Article 6(1)(a) consent
- Article 6(1)(b) performance of a contract
- Article 6(1)(c) compliance with a legal obligation
- Article 6(1)(d) vital interests
- Article 6(1)(f) legitimate interests
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access is restricted to only those staff or authorised agents who require it and on a “need to know” basis.
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: INFO@INDIGO-NAILS.CO.UK
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice or until you request that the Data be deleted. We may retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information, we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: INFO@INDIGO-NAILS.CO.UK
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
- This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites. This privacy notice does not extend to your use of such websites. You are advised to read the privacy notice or statement of other websites prior to using them.
Changes of business ownership and control
- UNITED BEAUTY may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of UNITED BEAUTY. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this privacy notice, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Changes to this privacy notice
- UNITED BEAUTY reserves the right to change this privacy notice as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy notice on your first use of the Website following the alterations. You may contact UNITED BEAUTY by email at INFO@INDIGO-NAILS.CO.UK